Amanda Nelson shares her experience of asking the higher self and spirit for guidance in business.
As an inventor, entrepreneur and pioneer of new products I am often being told by others that what I am trying to achieve cannot be done. I’ve never yet had a failure though. If I can’t work it out, I deliberately tune into ‘Quantum Facebook’ and ask my higher self to help me find the ‘right’ higher soul to give me much needed inspiration or guidance on how to solve what seems irresolvable. I then wait to see what happens next.
Channelling Grand Masters and Celestial Guides is something that I’ve seen spiritual people do in a quest for spiritual illumination. A Channel goes into a deep mediation/trance and the Master or Guide then brings his or her wisdom through. The wisdom is often general and focussed on Spiritual matters and occasionally I’ve heard answers to philosophical questions if the master or Guide was open to answering them.
I don’t know of anyone other than me (get in touch if you do it) that sends out a call for assistance via my Higher Self for a specific person, alive or not in the Earthly sense, to step forward to help me solve Earthly challenges that I face. I suppose the nearest analogy would be that I send out a friend’s request via my Quantum Facebook.
Because I am a proficient Channel I’m lucky in that if anyone else’s Higher Self answers my call for help I can commune with them directly. I’m very grateful for the support I get; it’s worked in my favour more often than not.
On one occasion I called upon quantum facebooking when I was trying to work out how to get tiny sea salt crystals to suspend in glycerine soap without adding chemical matrix enhancers to my recipe. Why I had to do this is another story, but take it from me I just needed to do it.
My problem was that the crystals immediately sank to the bottom of the soap while the mixture was cooling and setting and ultimately this surface salt was causing liquid beading on the soap once it was exposed to the air, making the Glycerine soap unattractive and slimy. How, I asked via this higher self ‘friend request’, could I see my challenge differently and solve the puzzlement before tearing all my hair out!? Within seconds I was aware of 2 Masters that stepped forward keen to help, it was like having two eager school boys peaking excitedly over my shoulders to see what I was up to.
One introduced himself simply as ’Leonardo’ (I have to say he was very funny to Channel and he must’ve had a dark sense of humour when he was here on the planet) and the other was a dandy of a fellow called Gerard Faulkenaeu (self proclaimed Perfumer, Chemist and Alchemist). I have yet to look them up on the Internet but I’m pretty sure that they are out there documented somewhere.
Not only did Gerard help me with the salty problem but he graciously and generously gave me an essential oil blend to try which, alas, uses such old fashioned essential oils that I’ve not yet been able to source them all in order to attempt to trial the blend. I’d love to hear from a modern Perfumer or Aromatherapist that is also as keen as me to see what the blend creates. When I do finally source all the essential oils and manifest the blend who knows, perhaps it will turn out to be the recipe for one of the long lost but greatest perfumes of all time…or, it may turn out to be a disgusting boil ointment, that is the joy of it!
The bottom line is that Quantum Facebooking works, and if you have a specific problem to crack, and are a relatively good Channeller, you can network really well in the Quantum facebook field and resolve what seems irresolvable.
Oh, and did I manage to suspend the salt in the soap? Follow this link to www.authenticmermaid.com the soap is now on sale ). The soaps are divine (no pun intended) and yes, the answer (predominantly given by Leonardo) was so simple that you’d never believe it!
July always feels like it is smack in the middle of the British season of heat waves, the odd rainstorm and multi-coloured skies… It maybe as unpredictable as ever, but don’t let that stop you enjoying the great British summer. Here are five fun ways to get your outdoor exposure:
- Be at One: Visit the local nature reserve, climb a tree, read a book under a tree, or simply sit and be at one with the trees.
- Have Fun: Play a game of footy with your buddies, go to a playground and see how high you can fly on the swing, or jump as high as you can in the middle of a field.
- Walkies: If you don’t have a dog, then borrow one and take it for a stroll. Being around a furry pooch can make you feel great. Dogs are great for your health!
- Dare to Bare: Go swimming in the sea at your local beach, sunbath in the buff in your garden or on a roof patio… remember to apply protective lotion.
- Absorb the view: If your schedule is relentless and you really cannot spare the time to go far, simply fling open the windows and peer out over the sky or countryside – any view that is filled with nature will give you a boost of wellbeing.
Starting your own Yoga Practice: Knowing the known is nothing to know!
I had a plan, the ideal yoga nirvana space, a place for all bods and sods, no mirrors and no pressure. I wanted to be a yogic tour guide rather than teacher.
I wanted to be a part of a space where people came to be a part of a group of like-minded open people who felt relaxed and free. I wanted to guide and join them through the journey but that journey was always intended to be their own.
With a snappy name, modern logo and a catchy calling card phrase that described me –“It’s not just a hippy thing”, my yoga nirvana, my business “Moving Om” was born.
Websites, domain hire, room hire, insurance, accreditation, equipment, waivers, cold mornings, conflicting schedules and rebooked holidays. This was followed by business registration, logo registration, copyrights and social media plans.
Moving Om or rather the idea had created a whole set of problems for me as a person. In order to achieve my state of yoga nirvana, I realised I was running the risk of creating unrealistic expectations for my clients (or market) and my ability to share my vision.
How do I make money off it? If I was to be true to my vision, then it should be free, no paying customers just like-minded friends coming and going as they feel.
For me living up to the ideals and images that I believed as true, only to fail and be disappointed when it has not turned out the way I had so carefully planned is what a business is, you need to have a unique product and the ability to think on your feet and be humbled by the failures.
- Work hard.
- Stay humble.
- Go out into your community and find out what the people around you want.
- Be confident to sell yourself.
- Be aware of your ideals being sold as a product.
- Take time to watch similar ventures in similar settings.
- Learn from your mistakes and learn quickly.
- If you are passionate and if you are driven then you will fail with grace and rebuild.
Moving Om is based in Canberra, Australia.
It is April 7th – and World Health Day…
The message of this year’s World Health Day is Small Bite – Big Threat: Highlighting the dangers of insect bites at home or when travelling!
Here are five other ways you can be a healthier you:
- It is healthy to smile! Why? Well, it feels good, it looks pretty, other people feel happy when you smile at them… and if you smile for a long enough time – not until your face aches – but a nice full genuine smile, well then you trick your brain in to thinking that you are feeling good – even if perhaps you are not having the best of days – And then you do begin to feel good!
- It is healthy to exercise! Of course it is! And now the weather is improving – get out and about! Share time with friends and family on a stroll, or head to the park, how about a swim? Or may be a bike ride. Whatever your choice of exercise we are talking super healthy here… improving your breathing, stamina, increasing muscle tone, and energy levels… and releasing negative emotions and positive chemicals in the brain instead!
- It is healthy to eat! YUM! Eat the right things at the right times. So if you are planning on eating anything naughty – try a naughty but nice treat – dark chocolate, over milky or sugary snakes, carrot sticks dipped into homemade salsas instead of potatoes chips… still making sure you enjoy food of course! Eating when you are hungry is important, not just when your eyes want the food – but when your tummy does!
- It is healthy to balance! Not standing on one leg all day – although this can be great for motor skills and balancing your body into a state of Yin and Yang! But, balance in the sense of having the right amount of time working, then playing, then eating, then resting, then spending time with others, then spending time with just you… not in that order obviously! But you get the picture… the point is a sixteen hour day at the computer is not healthy, so mix your world up a little in a good way.
- It is healthy to progress! So move on! When it comes to a healthy state of being, it goes hand in hand with happiness… and that happiness thing we strive for so very much, is aided by a sense of progression… so mark today’s World Health Day as a point you can start a new project or hobby and commit to it weekly or monthly – and see your progress on World Health Day 2015 in one year’s time.
So here are some ideas that can help you be healthier today… but there are lots more! Just like anything, feeling healthier can lead to acting healthier and then being healthier… and that lovely cycle swings back around to you feeling healthier again! Happy World Health Day 2014.
What is Autism?
Autism is a lifelong condition, and affects a person’s social and communication ability. The spectrum is very broad! You can read more on Autistica.org.uk, because today, April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day – maybe spend the time reading a little about the condition, or perhaps sharing thoughts or discussions with others, or even look into extending your expertise to cater for autistic clients.
If you are interested in therapies that can help autistic people then check out some of the titles at Singing Dragon.
Find out more on how you can raise money and/or awareness for Autism with The National Autistic Society.
Not long until the next issue of Holistic Therapist Magazine is published… as always it will be full of business advice, industry news, opportunities and articles for your business and for you and your health.
To ensure you get your copy… head to the Subscribe page and choose the right subscription for you!
Remember if you have any news, case studies, and stories then please contact the team.
Have you joined our Facebook page yet? Maybe you prefer Twitter – we would love to connect with you and continue to help each other strengthen this wonderful industry we work in.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and Happy Easter.
The ‘truly revolutionary’ Liforme Yoga Mat’ took more than five years to create. Such was the level of intensive development employed by Liforme once they set to their task of ‘creating the best yoga mat ever made’. A growing army of renowned yoga teachers in the UK and the US (and elsewhere!) are now using the Liforme Yoga Mat and hailing it as the best they have ever used, with features that can make a real difference to everyone’s yoga practice, from absolute beginners to super-advanced.
This high-tech mat comes with the grippiest surface material ever used for a yoga mat (which remains grippy even when sweaty-wet!), it features the unique ‘AlignForMe’ set of intelligent markers on the surface which help keep the user in good form during their postures (improving efficiency of yoga practice and reducing injury), and comes with a range of other benefits too (more detail at liforme.com). On top of all of that, Liforme went to great lengths to ensure that all of this ‘function’ does not come at the cost of the environment (or the health of the user). No harmful substances used, and this is one of the greenest mats on the market too. Hooray!
Do you have your next issue of Holistic Therapist Magazine lined up?
Remember reading HTM is a great way to get some CPD in per quarter too… with heaps of advice and industry news and stories, HTM makes it fun to be apart of an already exciting industry.
Managing Editor Amy has a fantastic new regular feature starting next issue too, titled ‘Meet the Makers’… so to find out more, ensure you Subscribe today.
Hello therapists! Winter is well and truly bedded in now – after such a long and glorious summer it’s been hard to let go of the sunshine but the chilly nights are the perfect excuse to wrap up warm, curl your hands around a comforting mug of hot chocolate and snuggle up with a copy of Holistic Therapist Magazine while the wind blows outside. There’s a brand new issue out in the New Year, packed with indispensable business advice from our industry experts, as well as lots of health, nutrition and beauty articles to dive into. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year from all of us at HTM!
Hello, I’m the new editor of the magazine and I’d like to say it’s great
to be on board! In the short time since I’ve taken the reins from the
fabulous former magazine ed Jordan (still working her magic on the
website), I’ve met some incredible people who write regularly for HTM,
heard some amazing stories from readers keen to share their experiences,
tried out some fabulous new products for healthy holistic living, and
had a mind-blowing treatment, all of which, and more, will be packed
into the January/February/March issue of the magazine, out in the New
It’s good to here…
The New Year issue is all about fresh beginnings, refreshing your
business and your life, and embracing change. We also mark Chinese New
Year with features on using its symbolism to promote your business, as
well as offering you tips on staying healthy this winter by using
Chinese medicine, and giving you a deliciously warming Eastern recipe to
try. We honour St Valentine’s Day with some gorgeous alternative loving
gifts; celebrate Mother’s Day with our new mum’s diary and pampering
products, and meet some inspirational therapists with stories to share.
The mag is also packed with fantastic features from our remarkable team
of regular contributors, and an interview with a very famous model and
I’m so excited about being part of the HTM team. If you have stories,
news and events that you’d like to share and see featured in the
magazine, please get in touch – I’d love to hear them –