It is April 7th – and World Health Day…
The message of this year’s World Health Day is Small Bite – Big Threat: Highlighting the dangers of insect bites at home or when travelling!
Here are five other ways you can be a healthier you:
- It is healthy to smile! Why? Well, it feels good, it looks pretty, other people feel happy when you smile at them… and if you smile for a long enough time – not until your face aches – but a nice full genuine smile, well then you trick your brain in to thinking that you are feeling good – even if perhaps you are not having the best of days – And then you do begin to feel good!
- It is healthy to exercise! Of course it is! And now the weather is improving – get out and about! Share time with friends and family on a stroll, or head to the park, how about a swim? Or may be a bike ride. Whatever your choice of exercise we are talking super healthy here… improving your breathing, stamina, increasing muscle tone, and energy levels… and releasing negative emotions and positive chemicals in the brain instead!
- It is healthy to eat! YUM! Eat the right things at the right times. So if you are planning on eating anything naughty – try a naughty but nice treat – dark chocolate, over milky or sugary snakes, carrot sticks dipped into homemade salsas instead of potatoes chips… still making sure you enjoy food of course! Eating when you are hungry is important, not just when your eyes want the food – but when your tummy does!
- It is healthy to balance! Not standing on one leg all day – although this can be great for motor skills and balancing your body into a state of Yin and Yang! But, balance in the sense of having the right amount of time working, then playing, then eating, then resting, then spending time with others, then spending time with just you… not in that order obviously! But you get the picture… the point is a sixteen hour day at the computer is not healthy, so mix your world up a little in a good way.
- It is healthy to progress! So move on! When it comes to a healthy state of being, it goes hand in hand with happiness… and that happiness thing we strive for so very much, is aided by a sense of progression… so mark today’s World Health Day as a point you can start a new project or hobby and commit to it weekly or monthly – and see your progress on World Health Day 2015 in one year’s time.
So here are some ideas that can help you be healthier today… but there are lots more! Just like anything, feeling healthier can lead to acting healthier and then being healthier… and that lovely cycle swings back around to you feeling healthier again! Happy World Health Day 2014.
What is Autism?
Autism is a lifelong condition, and affects a person’s social and communication ability. The spectrum is very broad! You can read more on Autistica.org.uk, because today, April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day – maybe spend the time reading a little about the condition, or perhaps sharing thoughts or discussions with others, or even look into extending your expertise to cater for autistic clients.
If you are interested in therapies that can help autistic people then check out some of the titles at Singing Dragon.
Find out more on how you can raise money and/or awareness for Autism with The National Autistic Society.
Not long until the next issue of Holistic Therapist Magazine is published… as always it will be full of business advice, industry news, opportunities and articles for your business and for you and your health.
To ensure you get your copy… head to the Subscribe page and choose the right subscription for you!
Remember if you have any news, case studies, and stories then please contact the team.
Have you joined our Facebook page yet? Maybe you prefer Twitter – we would love to connect with you and continue to help each other strengthen this wonderful industry we work in.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and Happy Easter.
The ‘truly revolutionary’ Liforme Yoga Mat’ took more than five years to create. Such was the level of intensive development employed by Liforme once they set to their task of ‘creating the best yoga mat ever made’. A growing army of renowned yoga teachers in the UK and the US (and elsewhere!) are now using the Liforme Yoga Mat and hailing it as the best they have ever used, with features that can make a real difference to everyone’s yoga practice, from absolute beginners to super-advanced.
This high-tech mat comes with the grippiest surface material ever used for a yoga mat (which remains grippy even when sweaty-wet!), it features the unique ‘AlignForMe’ set of intelligent markers on the surface which help keep the user in good form during their postures (improving efficiency of yoga practice and reducing injury), and comes with a range of other benefits too (more detail at liforme.com). On top of all of that, Liforme went to great lengths to ensure that all of this ‘function’ does not come at the cost of the environment (or the health of the user). No harmful substances used, and this is one of the greenest mats on the market too. Hooray!
Do you have your next issue of Holistic Therapist Magazine lined up?
Remember reading HTM is a great way to get some CPD in per quarter too… with heaps of advice and industry news and stories, HTM makes it fun to be apart of an already exciting industry.
Managing Editor Amy has a fantastic new regular feature starting next issue too, titled ‘Meet the Makers’… so to find out more, ensure you Subscribe today.
Hello therapists! Winter is well and truly bedded in now – after such a long and glorious summer it’s been hard to let go of the sunshine but the chilly nights are the perfect excuse to wrap up warm, curl your hands around a comforting mug of hot chocolate and snuggle up with a copy of Holistic Therapist Magazine while the wind blows outside. There’s a brand new issue out in the New Year, packed with indispensable business advice from our industry experts, as well as lots of health, nutrition and beauty articles to dive into. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year from all of us at HTM!
Hello, I’m the new editor of the magazine and I’d like to say it’s great
to be on board! In the short time since I’ve taken the reins from the
fabulous former magazine ed Jordan (still working her magic on the
website), I’ve met some incredible people who write regularly for HTM,
heard some amazing stories from readers keen to share their experiences,
tried out some fabulous new products for healthy holistic living, and
had a mind-blowing treatment, all of which, and more, will be packed
into the January/February/March issue of the magazine, out in the New
It’s good to here…
The New Year issue is all about fresh beginnings, refreshing your
business and your life, and embracing change. We also mark Chinese New
Year with features on using its symbolism to promote your business, as
well as offering you tips on staying healthy this winter by using
Chinese medicine, and giving you a deliciously warming Eastern recipe to
try. We honour St Valentine’s Day with some gorgeous alternative loving
gifts; celebrate Mother’s Day with our new mum’s diary and pampering
products, and meet some inspirational therapists with stories to share.
The mag is also packed with fantastic features from our remarkable team
of regular contributors, and an interview with a very famous model and
I’m so excited about being part of the HTM team. If you have stories,
news and events that you’d like to share and see featured in the
magazine, please get in touch – I’d love to hear them –
We wanted to share this lovely email that we received last week from a happy reader… this is what makes what we do worth while, it was the very reason Jayson Firmager created HTM in 2010… thank you to Mary and to you all!!
I am writing to say just how much I enjoy reading Holistic Therapist Magazine. I find the magazine`s overall approach relaxed, inclusive, and very current. The articles are so informative and interesting compared to another Therapist magazine I subscribe to, and the topics are truly beneficial for us therapists who need support and guidance in this wide, diverse, and sometimes confusing, sphere of ‘Holistic’ therapy. Each contributor strongly shows just how committed and expert they are in their field, and I have found practically every article has prompted me to think deeper and differently about my area, which can only take me forward.
I hope to see your magazine to from strength to strength, and look forward to my next issue.
Kindest wishes, and a big thank you to everybody involved!
With winter almost here, what better way to spend a cosy warm break from work, than curled up with a cuppa herbal tea on a cosy chair with your copy of HTM?
Find out more about This Issue, and Subscribe, or get your hands on any Back Issues and stock up on your business knowledge for the festive season.
HTM would like to warmly welcome Amy Schofield as new appointed editor. Previous editor, Jordan Martin will not be missed! – As she is remaining with the team in her new role as Online Editor and PR Manager.
Amy brings a wealth of experience, and her role was effective from October 2013, readers will have a chance to meet Amy via the magazine in January. The new editor will also be writing an introduction on the HTM blog, so keep your eyes peeled.
The Editor blog on the Holistic Therapist Magazine website will include blogs from Amy, and Jordan, as well as Jordan’s assistant Eleanor.
Why not buy a close friend an annual subscription as a Christmas gift. Subscribe for them now.