It is the summer – and for those of you who have holiday time, or children, or want to experience another modality, or share your therapy with others, or just want to enjoy the season – here are some ideas:
July 31st – August 3rd: Camp Bestival is a multi-award winning festival that combines an all-encompassing family festival experience with an action packed camping holiday; something that we like to call a Festi-Holiday!
August 3rd: Aldridge Holistic and Spiritual Event is held at Aldridge Community Centre, Middlemore Lane, Aldridge, WS9 8AN, 12pm-4pm - Free admission and on entering this event feel free to take part in our FREE Prize Draw to win a mystery spiritual gift.
August 4th: Reiki Practice Group is held at Stillpoint. 18 Devonshire Row. London, EC2M 4RH
August 5th: Soul Cafe ‘Past Life Regression’ Talk is held at Horse & Jockey, Wood Green Road, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 9AX
August 7th – August 10th: Gaunt House Summer Gathering is hosted at Gaunts House, which is the home of the newly named Gaunts House Charitable Foundation Ltd., a registered UK educational charity (no: 1120688) which is dedicated to Profound Learning – a phrase to describe the way we each may consciously reach into the depths of our innermost nature in order to evolve safe, positive, fruitful and loving lives.
We host a year round calendar of events, training courses, day conferences, workshops and private retreats – all of which are selected on the basis of their ability to provide learning, inspiration and growth.
Gaunts is home to a student Community of Profound Learning (CPL) – a spiritually based and holistic minded group of free thinkers committed to exploring and supporting the evolution of consciousness.
If you’d like to experience Gaunts House firsthand, why not come along to our annual get-together for all spiritually-minded, ecologically motivated and creatively-living people. With workshops, music, therapies, fun for the kids and much much more, the Gaunts House Summer Gathering is a life changing experience.
August 12th – August 14th: Green Man is a refreshingly independent event organised by Fiona and her family, who love nothing better than to welcome new and returning Green Man family members. This incredibly friendly event, is also and the go to festival to discover new musical talent, with many Mercury, Ivor Novello and Brit nominees and winners emerging from the festival each year. So if you are a student, out with mates, with the family, or on your own there will be a warm welcome and great times waiting for you. But see for yourself and come to Green Man and create great new memories from an incredible festival experience .
With ten entertainment areas in lush Welsh Wilderness, 1500 performers, 24 hour entertainments, comedy, poetry, literature, art & science, fun for 12 and unders and a separate area just for teens, spas, therapies, hot piping showers, luxury camping areas, local ale and cider sipping, all night bonfires, gorgeous selection of locally sourced food over 4 days of festival fun, the award winning Green Man really has got it all.
August 21st – August 24th: Shambala Festival takes place across four days on the August Bank Holiday Weekend at a stunning secret location in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside. The variety and quality of entertainment on offer is staggering for a festival of its size. With over 200 diverse musical acts across 12 live stages, world-class cabaret, an amazing array of workshops, stand-up comedy, inspirational talks and debates, jaw dropping circus and acrobatics, interactive theatre and nationally acclaimed poetry all housed in beautifully decorated venues.
Pioneering, intimate and truly innovative, Shambala Festival has perfectly blended creativity and participation for well over a decade. Shambala is a special place where you play, revitalise, make lots of new friends and return to the world fuelled-up on the beauty of being alive. As well as being known as a “legendary party”, it is also a haven for cutting edge theatrics and performance, a think-tank of ideas and an award winning green event.
Click for tips on festival beauty, and festival hair.
So what are your New Year’s resolutions? Maybe you don’t do the resolution thing! There is no denying that the start of a fresh New Year is the perfect time to reflect about your life as a whole – business, personal, and health… but with so much to think about after the festive food, fun, and family frolics – where do you start? Issue 1 of HTM has plenty for you to get started with when it comes to business direction. Mark Shields offers tips on how to utalise the first quarter of 2012, Sue Masters provides ways for you to detox your business and there are loads of other articles on injecting freshness into your business with advertising, PR, marketing, social networking and more … which is what would be expected from The Industry’s No.1 Business Guide. So the biz side of things for the New Year is covered… how about you and your health? Read on for ten ideas that will make you smile and feel fresh for the year ahead…
- Reinvent your image with a fresh new hair-do… get low lights, high lights, try a fringe, or luscious layers. It is amazing how you feel prepared to face the world when you have a nice new hairstyle.
- If you got a Kindle or other reading device for Christmas, take advantage of the free downloads or 99p offers, and dedicate some time to reading each day. Getting lost in a good story constitutes well needed ‘me’ time away from the stresses and strains of your working day. It is also nice to escape reality and indulge in a world of imagination.
- Head to the post-Christmas sales and grab yourself a treat, the best way to do this is to allocate a certain budget and take that amount in cash, leaving all credit cards, debit cards and cheque books tucked away at home. This way you will not feel guilty that you have overspent and you are more likely to only come home with things you really love.
- The New Year is a great time to start a hobby that you have always wanted to do, or to learn a new skill… maybe a new language, a musical instrument, or martial arts. Remember life is about balance and in order to be great at work and in your personal relationships you must dedicate time to doing the things that make you happy and relaxed too.
- Do something invigorating – a sky dive, or off the road race. If this is way too extreme for you – try having a cold shower after a warm one… this not only freshens you up leaving you feeling invigorated but it also closes your pores and is fantastic for your skin.
- Post Christmas budgets are often tight, but it is a great time to buy bigger items that are discounted… buy a new bed. If you have long suffered with a bed you have had for years, this is the perfect time to re-invest. Sleep is so important and you will be a different person after having a fantastic night’s sleep on an amazing bed… don’t buy online, it is best to go to a showroom and try out the mattresses – just don’t fall asleep in the store.
- De-clutter – clean up your home or treatment room and throw or give to charity any things you no longer use or need. This may seem an unattractive option, however it will make you feel great. You will clear your mind as well as your surroundings – there is little point in holding on to ‘stuff’ just for the sack of it or on the off chance you may use it in ten years time. If you de-clutter regularly it will be an easier task each time.
- CHEESEY CLICHÉ ALERT: Do a good deed a day and you will feel a million pounds – it can be as small as helping somebody pack their shopping or letting them go before you in a queue. These little gestures remind us what life is really about, without the fast pace and materialism.
- It may already be apart of your daily routine – but it is so easy to drop it to the bottom of the list or even erase it from the list altogether – get some exercise and make it daily, it can be a little dance in your living room, a stroll in the park or a full on work out at the gym… whatever you choose it will lead to a new you, emotionally, mentally and physically too.
- Last but by no means least, simply smile and laugh as much as possible… people get caught up in taking life too seriously. So SMILE – It makes people feel good as well as yourself, as long as it is a sincere… Go on, do it now, laugh at something that amuses you or smile at somebody… told you, feels good doesn’t it.
(Photographer: Marcello Pozzetti Make-up: Emily-Rose Model: Rebecca Richardson)