Abel & Coles Easy Cheesy with Griddled GreensJason Firmager
Hello everyone… Nese here and I have another quick and easy meal for this week… It’s delicious too! There is always so much to do when you are a working mum, but never seems quite enough time whether you have children or not, to do all the things that need and want to be done right? I do often feel like I’m running against it, BUT I’m always conscious about eating properly and not letting myself slip into to lazy habits by not preparing fresh food for dinner. I love this recipe that I was sent with my Abel & Cole veg box and this is another great seasonal dish that it quick, easy and fairly cheap to make.
– 250g fusilli or penne pasta (I use spelt pasta)
– Sea salt (we always use Himalayan pink salt)
– A handful of almonds, roughly chopped
– 1 mug of breadcrumbs (I always have a stash in my freezer!)
– 1 garlic clove, finely minced
– 1 head of broccoli or seasonal greens, finely chopped (we also used purple sprouting broccoli but you could use leeks, spring greens, chard, kale, cavolo nero or spinach)
– 150g cream cheese
– 150ml milk
– 100g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (it works just as well with less)
– A good grating of nutmeg
– A pinch of chilli powder
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the pasta, some salt and oil.
- Toast the almonds till fragrant and just coloured in a frying pan. Tip into dish.
- Using the same pan, add some oil (I always cook with coconut oil) and garlic. Swirl in the breadcrumbs. Toast till golden. Scrape onto a plate.
- Return pan to the heat. Cook the broccoli in oil, over high. Season. Let its edges colour up. Spoon in a few splashes of water, enough to sizzle up, evaporate and gentle steam the broccoli till tender.
- Drain the pasta. Pour the milk, cheeses, nutmeg and chilli into the warm pasta pan. Heat. Swirl the cheeses together. Add the pasta, broccoli and toasted almonds. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Add more nutmeg, chilli or Parmesan, if needed.
- Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and extra Parmesan. Toast in a 200oC/Gas 6 oven for 5-10 mins.
Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt is packed with over eighty minerals and elements. These minerals create an electrolyte balance, increase hydration, prevents muscle cramping, strengthens bones, helps the intestines absorb nutrients and much more. I am sure that you already know the great health benefits of almonds too. They reduce heart attack risk, lower bad cholesterol, help build strong bones and teeth and they nourish the nervous system. Fast food that does you a favour! Enjoy!