HTM has joined forces with Balens Ltd to offer HTM subscribers one of the widest insurance policies available on the market. You can ensure complete practising peace of mind with this insurance policy…
- The indemnity limit is £6,000,000 per claim with an unlimited number of claims in the year and unlimited defence costs are covered in addition and there is no excess.
- Trainee Teacher: £20.00
- Qualified: £60.14
- Many other activities/therapies may be added subject to qualification, many for no additional premium.
What does the Professional, Public and Products Liability policy cover?
- The underwriter for this element of the policy is Zurich Insurance plc. (Zurich)
- The Insurance Cover is £6,000,000 (limit of liability) per section any one claim, for an unlimited number of claims in the year, plus unlimited legal defence costs are covered in addition. There is no excess
- Wide definition of insurance cover is clear and is not restricted to treatment only. This cover includes Medical Malpractice, Professional, Public and Products Liability. Products Liability is provided for unlimited sales to clients and for up to £30,000 of retail sales (sales to non-clients)
- This policy is on a Claims Occurring Basis, but with a unique difference. If you do not renew for any reason with Balens, we automatically include Run-off cover for an unlimited period of time, meaning that if a claim was to be made years down the line after stopping your policy, you will always be covered for work you did within the insured period.
- We include an upgrade of cover feature on the Zurich Policy that protects you against the effects of inflation, and rising court awards. This cover is a pioneering hybrid offering the advantages of a claims occurrence policy with features normally only found on a claims made policy, but with none of the disadvantages, particularly around the issue of discontinuing cover and possibly being uninsured later on if a claim is discovered. Many wordings give conditional “unlimited” or time restricted run off cover if you cease the policy at any time
- Teaching and Student Work cover (running a school can be covered separately)
- Includes Libel and Slander cover
- All premiums include full malpractice retroactive cover for previously insured work performed
- Loss of Reputation expenses to help repair damage to your business in the event of a claim against you
- Breach of Intellectual Property, Client Confidentiality Protection cover
- Temporary Trips abroad are covered without a time limit (excludes trips to the USA & Canada)
- Loss of Documents cover included £50,000
- First Aid cover as well as Good Samaritan Acts
- Includes Disciplinary Hearings cover, plus Pre disciplinary hearing legal advice up to £1000
- Students can be covered for all work prior to qualification, subject to adequate supervision and safeguards
- A wide range of activities can be insured, as well as non-treatment related work and advice – our definition of a “Health Professional “ or “Health Business” and the types of situations covered is extremely wide
- Flexible underwriting to accommodate changes in your practice, fast turnaround of documents and queries.
- No additional charges for routine changes to cover or duplicate certificates.
Also included is a separate Legal Protection Package underwritten by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (DAS) which covers Criminal Defence and other costs up to £100,000.
Regretfully, the climate of litigation is still deteriorating. Claims, incidents and criminal allegations, including allegations of sexual impropriety or assault are, in our experience, on the increase. The cover includes the following features:
- Wide range of free 24 hour Advice lines, including Legal/Tax Advice, Counselling, and business support services are included. Corporates entities with employees require a different policy
- Jury or Witness Service Compensation for lost income as a result of having to attend
- Defence of your legal rights involving Criminal Proceedings as well as Data Protection and other legislation cover, wrongful arrest, actions against you for unlawful discrimination etc.
- Negotiation and Representation (including accountant’s fees) in the event of an Inland Revenue partial or full enquiry. Some accountants have been known to charge over £90 for this.
- Business Assistance Helpline for emergencies involving your premises
- Disciplinary Hearings Defence and Legal Expenses if you lose your Statutory Licence to practise.
Balens Ltd, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 2TA
Tel: 01684 580771 Email: [email protected]
Further information, plus your sign-up form (UK only): http://www.balens.co.uk/services/customised-schemes/holistic-therapist-magazine.aspx
For the purpose of insurance only Media Edge London Limited Trading as Holistic Therapist Magazine are an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens Limited, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WRI4 2TA who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.