Raw Strawberry Coconut Cream Bliss.Jason Firmager
This is my absolute favorite recipe. It is a super refreshing, yet creamy creation that has everyone wondering how it dairy free. I have used strawberries to use as my filling but this raw cake also works wonderfully with mango or blueberries.
This cake is very easy to make but does require some freezing time. I make this cake in a smaller 12cm tin as it require less freezing time (this feeds 4 happily) and just make two smaller cakes if I have more people. I hope you have fun creating and enjoying this delicious and healthy cake.
Ingredients (Makes one small 12cm round cake- 4/6 serves)
• ¾ cup of almond meal
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
• ¼ cup of coconut oil
• A tiny pinch of salt
• 4 dates chopped up into small chunks
• 250 ml organic coconut cream
• 6 strawberries
• ½ frozen banana
• 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
• ½ dragon fruit
• Edible flowers
• (Whatever seasonal fruit you have)
1. Wipe down your baking tin with coconut oil to prevent the cake from sticking. (I use a 12cm round mold with removable sides which makes life super easy)
2. In a blender combine your base ingredients: almond meal, dates, coconut oil, salt, coconut and cinnamon together.
3. Pulse until combined.
4. Remove from the blender and place into a bowl and mix the base together until it forms dough.
5. Place the dough into the bottom of your tin and push down until it’s even along the bottom.
6. Place the tin in the fridge whilst working on your filling.
7. Now, in a clean blender place your coconut cream, coconut oil, strawberries, banana, rice malt syrup, and shredded coconut all together.
8. Blend until well combined. (If it is too very runny add some more shredded coconut or ¼ frozen banana, and if to dry add some more coconut cream).
9. Pour the filling on top of the chilled base and place in the freezer for one hour or until firm. (There may be extra filling which I usually put in a ice block mold and enjoy another day- never waste anything!)
10. When firm, remove from the freezer 5 minuets before you would like to serve and remove from the tin.
11. Top with dragon fruit and flowers or whatever seasonal fruit you have around.
12. Enjoy this healthy and delicious dessert.
I hope you enjoy this tasty, guilt free recipe.