We are committed to protecting your personal information and to being transparent about what we do.
Purpose of our policy
Holistic Therapist Magazine is committed to protecting your personal information and to being transparent about what we do with the information that we hold about you.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we use the information that we collect from you directly, and from third parties.
We use your information in accordance with applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we may use that information
- Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how long we retain it for and your rights to be able to access it
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact
Who we are
Holistic Therapist Magazine is a registered as a company in England and Wales MEDIA EDGE LONDON 12 Sandford Road Sittingbourne Kent ME10 1PR Company Reg:7040109
We collect customer information in a number of different ways:
Information that you give us
When you register on our website, we will store the personal information that you give us including: your name, email address, postal address, telephone number
Information about your interactions with us
We collect information about how you interact with us when you visit our website or read our emails. This allows us to make our communications relevant to you and to understand how we can make them more effective.
Information is collected in the following ways:
- When we send you a mailing: where we store a record of this. In the case of emails, we also store a record of which emails you have opened and which links that you have clicked on. This helps us to make sure that our communications with you are relevant and effective.
Sensitive personal data
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions.
We do not usually collect this type of information about our patrons unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
How we process your information
There are three lawful bases under which we may process your data:
We use the lawful basis of performance of a contract for the following:
- When you make a purchase or subscribe digitally or printed from us you are entering into a contract with Holistic Therapist Magazine. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. We may occasionally need to contact you by email, letter or telephone about your purchase with us, such as in the case of a cancelled show, or should there be problems with your payment.
Legitimate organisational interest
In certain situations we may collect and process your personal information for purposes under the lawful basis of legitimate organisational interest.
However, we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you caused by Through using your personal information in this way. In these cases we will always keep your fundamental rights and freedoms at the forefront or what we do.
We describe below all of the situations where we may use Legitimate Organisational Interest as the basis for processing your information, or contacting you.
We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this, we use data that we have stored about you, such as information on which events you have booked for in the past, as well as any preferences you may have told us about.
We use legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for sending you marketing communications by post and email. Communications that we send to you may include relevant information about, subscriptions and future products.
Email communications: In the case of email, we will give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving emails during your first purchase with us. If you do not opt out at that point, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you. You can withdraw your consent to receive emails at any time by talking to a member of our team. You can also object to receiving these at any time by using the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
However, we may still contact you by email for matters relating to your purchases
Telephone contact: We may contact you about our work by telephone however we will always get explicit consent from you before doing this.
You can withdraw your consent to receive phone calls from by talking to a member of our Office team. You can also object to receiving these phone calls at any time by using the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
However, we may still contact you by telephone for matters relating to your purchases (such as problems with your payment).
Analysis of our postal and email communications
We may analyse data that we hold about you (such as past purchase history) to help us ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you by post or email are as relevant to you as possible.
We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
Maintaining your personal information
We store your personal information for eight years so that, for any subsequent purchases you make, we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system.
If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can usually do this by contacting a member of our Office team or use the contact details provided at the end of this policy.
Any objections that you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology that we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected.
Please use the contact details provided at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Contact details and further information
MEDIA EDGE LONDON
12 Sandford Road
Kent ME10 1PR
Tele 01795 731909
Delivery Policy for Products or Services: With the training, dates are available on the Training page, and this correlates with your service paid for. Delivery of subscriptions are sent directly from the HTM head offices based Greater London, using first class, Royal Mail postage services, and received by the subscriber within ten days of payment being received. HTM are not responsible for delays or damage due to adverse weather conditions, postage strikes or other service delays, or any other external factor.
Refund/Cancelation Policy for Subscriptions: Subscriptions are automatically renewed annually. You can cancel your annual subscription up to fourteen days prior to your renewal date, which varies for each subscriber, as it is the date of when you signed up. Subscription cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading ‘Subscription Cancellation’, within the time frame stated above. A refund will not be given, as the subscription would be cancelled prior to the renewal payment being processed.
Training Terms & Policies
1a. The balance of the cost of the workshop will be paid in full on booking via telephone or via the website.
1b. You will be contacted in writing, via email with booking confirmation and acceptance of your place on the specified course. At this point you embark on a contract with Holistic Therapist Training.
2. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing to email@example.com, with the subject heading ‘Cancel Training’. The date on which we receive the letter, will determine the cancellation charges that are applicable. Cancellations made before thirty days prior to the course date with be awarded a refund of 75%, e.g a workshop costing £80, will receive a £60 refund within this timeframe. Cancellations made between thirty and fourteen days prior to the course date will receive a 50% refund of the total fee. Cancellations made within fourteen days of the course date will not receive a refund. All cancellations have the option of being moved to a future course date, this does not apply to cancellations made within 48 hours of the course date, unless otherwise arranged with head office due to extreme unavoidable circumstances, and dealt with according to appropriate discretion of head office.
3. Holistic Therapist Training reserves the right to cancel any workshop or training event. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Holistic Therapist Training.
4. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a workshop or training module is not met, and if we have to cancel a workshop or training event because of this, we will not do so less than 14 days prior to the day. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather. In these situations, then policy 3. applies.
5. In the event of a scheduled trainer being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond personal control another workshop/trainer leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop or training will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 3. will come into effect.
6. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars of a workshop before we enter into a contract with you. If there is a change we will notify you before we enter into such a contract.
7. If you have any special dietary or other requests, it is your responsibility to inform us of these prior to the workshop or training. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
8. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and you must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Holistic Therapist Magazine or Holistic Therapist Training, or associative party.
9. Holistic Therapist Training accepts responsibility for acts and/omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment) Holistic Therapist Magazine/Holistic Therapist Training does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop with Holistic Therapist Magazine/Holistic Therapist Training unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
10. Holistic Therapist Training does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility. Holistic Therapist Training does not accept liability for loss of or damage for personal goods throughout the duration of the training day.
11. By attending a workshop or training you agree to the following: “I hereby give my permission for images taken of myself to be used to promote Holistic Therapist Training or workshops or to be for any Media for any purpose (except pornographic, defamatory, libelous or otherwise unlawful) which may include, among others, advertising, promotion, marketing and packaging for any product or service.”
12. If you do not wish for your image to be taken, or used in the ways stated, but not confined to, but in excluding the exception, due to religion or personal preference, then please notify us prior to the course date, so tat we can accommodate your wishes. For everybody else clause 11. applies.